No need to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive man made, chemical filled cleansers. Coconut oil is an excellent facial cleanser because:
- All natural, no chemicals
- Very economical
- Can buy it at the supermarket – look for it in the Asian aisle – make sure it is unrefined
- Gently removes make-up, even eye make-up
- Has germ killing properties, so can benefit pimple prone skin
- Contains Vitamin E which prevents premature aging
- Lightens age spots
- Is rich in natural oils which prevents skin drying out, even oily skin
- Is a natural mild sunscreen
- Doesn’t go off
- Rejuvenates skin due to its protein content
- Not tested on animals
A little goes a long way. Use about a size of your thumbnail, rub it between the palms of your hands, and then massage into face and neck. Hold a warm washer over your face or let the steam from the shower heat your face – then wipe off with a warm damp washer.
Use a skin freshener of choice (more on that next week), and then pat a little more coconut oil on your face to moisturise.
Coconut oil’s consistency will change with the temperature. In the warmer weather it will be liquid, and in the cooler weather more solid.